As at 25 May 2018
At Berwicks we like to keep our clients up to date with what we are doing and that we have the knowledge and understanding of our surroundings. Berwicks want to ensure you we are fully aware of the cookies we use on our website and the purpose of each cookie and how it is used.
This policy will be updated as changes are made. Berwicks are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Controller is Berwicks Limited, 6 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh, EH7 4HG.
1. Information We May Collect From
- 1.1. Berwicks may collect information from you through the website (berwicksconsultants.com) or through direct communication.
- 1.2. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.2.1. Name, email address, IP address, contact information.
- 1.2.2. Details of your visits to our website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- 1.2.3. Any data on your curriculum vitae should you send documents to us.
- 1.2.4. Any data you submit to us on internal Berwicks forms for the purpose of undertaking work as an employee or contracts as a Berwicks associate.
2. Uses Made of the Information
- 2.1. We process information held about you in the following ways:
- 2.1.1. Internal record keeping.
- 2.1.2. We may use the information to improve our service.
- 2.1.3. We may provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- 2.1.4. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or frameworks agreements entered between you and us.
- 2.1.5. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- 2.1.6. To notify you about changes to our service.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Data
- 3.1. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to restrict access to, safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- 4.1. We may collect information about your computer using cookies. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- 4.2. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- 4.3. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- 4.4. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Links to other websites
- 5.1. Our website contains links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Controlling your personal information
- 6.1. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- 6.2. We may use your personal information to send you updated information on our services which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
7. Access to Information
- 7.1. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our data protection officer: Data Controller, Berwicks Limited, 6 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh, EH7 4HG. Or email to Info@berwicksconsultants.com
- 7.2. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.